Join us at Derby Gaol for a a ghost hunt in the dead of night. You will get the chance to investigate not one but two Gaol’s, firstly the 1756 Jail in Friargate and secondly the Venon Street Prison. which are just a short walk apart including the execution room and the haunted Martello Tower.
Derby Gaol was a place of terror, torment and death. It was the second of three Gaol’s built in the county. Prisoners were held in terrible cramped conditions whilst they awaited trial, and were often sentenced to death by the hangman’s noose.
There are countless reports of paranormal activity at the gaol including unexplained eerie sounds, strange light phenomena, footsteps and ghostly apparitions and shadows. Objects have also been recorded moving of their own accord during investigations.
Derby Gaol was bought in 1997 by paranormal investigator, and dedicated historian Richard Felix. It was then restored after much hard work, to it’s current condition, mirroring as closely as possible, its original state and is now a working museum.
On the night of the ghost hunt, we will be joined by Richard Felix for a period of time. Richard has presented and featured in many paranormal and history TV shows over the years including Most Haunted form 2002 – 2006 where Richard was the resident paranormal historian.
Dare you join us?
- We will be joined by TV’s historian Richard Felix for a period of time
- Work in smaller and more personal groups
- Take part in a variety of activities such as Seances and more
- Access to ghost hunting equipment such as K-II, trigger objects, ghost meters, EDI’s etc.
- Opportunities to conduct lone vigils for those feeling brave
- A friendly and experienced team of investigators offering help and advice throughout the night
- Hot and cold drinks and light snacks available throughout the night and included in the cost
- Qualified first aider present
- Please note some experiments may not be available on the night but will be replaced by alternative methods of investigating.
Please read terms & conditions before booking, by booking you agree to our terms & conditions including our terms & Conditions relating to coronavirus – View Terms & Conditions